A healthy lymph system promotes healthy body tissues and body functions. The lymphatic system is the body’s primary immune defense and waste eliminator system. When this system is blocked, we become defenseless against attacks by virus, fungus and bacteria.
The positive effects of massage go far beyond simply “feeling good.” Therapeutic massage has been proven to promote many tangible results on the physical, mental, and emotional levels.
Massage has a very rich history.
Types of massage
The types of massage I offer include Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and medical massage therapy. Clients benefit from and enjoy reflexology as well.
Physical benefits of massage
Physical benefits include:
- Deeper relaxation and reduced stress
- Relief of muscle tension and stiffness
- Increased ease and efficiency of movement
- Deeper and easier breathing
- Improved circulation of both blood and lymph fluids
- Healthy, well-nourished skin
- Improved posture
- Enhanced immune function
- Improved digestion
Mental benefits of massage
Mental benefits include:
- Relaxed state of alertness
- Reduced mental stress; a calmer mind
- Enhanced ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Greater capacity for clearer thinking
Emotional benefits of massage
Emotional benefits include:
- Greater sense of well-being and harmony
- Enhanced self-image
- Reduced anxiety
- Increased awareness of body/mind connection
- Expanded capacity to give and receive love